Thursday, June 2, 2011

planning... whats that?

so, seeing as I'm engaged now jon jon and I should prob start planning... but how the heck does someone even know how to plan a wedding? When is it too early to start... I mean I guess it's our wedding so technically we can start whenever the heck we feel like it. Plus its not going to be until next summer... this girl has GOT to go to grad school. Lets be real though, I'd rather get married! Who wouldnt?! I have this really cool idea in my head... luckily I stink at making a plan happen and Jon Jon is really good at it! Flowers, tuxes, dresses, bridesmaids, groomsmen, invitations, cakes, beverages... Where do you start?! Plus.. lets not forget the ultimate dance jams that are a MUST HAVE. Venue... well good thing jon jon and i are both frugal and good thing we have a friend with a MASSIVE backyard who is also excited about this wedding! No worries I'm not hinting.. she told us we could use it before we even got engaged! #friendsforthewin
I think if I suck up to my little big sister long enough and dont make her wear this...
via

surely she will do most of the planning for me if I tell her what I want... :) Afterall what are sisters for.. and she has been married for like 4 years now so planning is still fresh on her mind.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I will do just about anything to get out of wearing that dress!! Lol!!
    -sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely having people around to help makes a big difference. But remember, it's your wedding so make sure you get to make the decisions you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis and I will plan it for you! We loooooove planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Megan and I are on it!!!!!!! It's our most favorite thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love planning it, Shan! It's so much fun!! And I think that bridesmaid dress is hilarious!!!!! Funny, Shanny baby, funny! :)

    And why you don't want to get married in my backyard??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suggest the Knot's Book of Wedding Lists. It's a great planning book to get you started!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete