Thursday, August 18, 2011

move in day.

On Friday, I moved away for grad school which explains why I have been absent from blogging and will probably continue to be absent from it. I'm a busy girl now and already have crap to read for my first day of class!
My family Jon Jon and I packed up and left friday morning at about 10 a.m. My sister thankfully rode with me! Im pretty sure I would have been a hot mess if she didn't It was the longest I have ever driven and we went a different way than what i was use to and ahhh I was just freaking out!! I was also nervous about if my poor little car would make it... no worries she did! I think she got a little overwhelmed though because as soon as we got out of the car at the apt she started smoking! I guess she doesn't know smoking is bad for you.  ;)
When we arrived, the chaos of moving everything in getting it organized AND fixing my car began! It took until around dinner time to finish so my parents ordered pizza we ate then they left :(  This began my time of crying at least once every day until about monday! Shame I know.Jon Jon left the day after my parents did and he said "see you at the end of September" blaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! 
Baton Rouge is good, but it's not home. I get stressed out driving because the roads are SO weird here and I'm thankful for roomies that are patient with me! On Sunday Beth and I went to Istrouma Church, It was really good! The only faces we recognized were our future teacher and the guy we pay our rent to #nerdstatus. Needless to say, the first few days here sucked but I'm trying to make the best of it!! 
 this is my new home. #freakoutmoment

little big sister... so thankful for her! 

We figure if we say it's our home enough it will eventually set in!!

another freakout moment... paying our first months rent and getting our keys!! ahhh!!

this really, is just for your enjoyment because beth is out.of.control.

peace.love.moving.
-Shannon


5 comments:

  1. Awwww! I'm sure it'll get better with time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I can't take this!!! I really had tears in my eyes the whole time I was reading this!! :( Shaaaaan!! Come back where it is safe, the roads are normal, and you bffs are the friendly faces you see at church!!!! Not helping??? Hahaaaa, you can do it, Shan!!! As cool as you are, you'll have sweet new bffs in no time! They will learn to appreciate your "drop it like it's hot" moves like we do. :) And you smoking joke made me laugh out loud!!! Hahaaaa!! You funny. And the picture of you and Amanda needs a frame!! So pretty!! I love the Home Sweet Home sign and the last pic of Beth is hilarious! Too fun! Can't wait to come visit all 3 of you!!!!! Have fun tonight! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there!! It's just new & different. In a few months, you may totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhh, sad post!!!!!!! I'm sorry that the first few days were rough, but I know that it'll get better. And of course you have to come visit me every single weekend. #duh

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for new chapters in your life!! and new people and new journeys!!! I miss you though!!! love you Shan!!!

    ReplyDelete